- Jefferson City Department of Parks and Recreation park facilities/shelters may be reserved by individuals, businesses, or organizations for social gatherings and meetings. All requests for reservations must be made by an individual who is 21 years of age or older; requests will not be accepted by individuals under the age of 21.
- All facility use is by reservation only. Reservations are accepted first-come-first-served up to one year in advance. Inquiries may be made by telephone, but reservations must be made in person, unless using a credit card. All reservations made more than 60 days in advance are required to pay a $10 non-refundable holding fee to reserve a facility. The balance of the rental amount and damage/clean-up/key deposit are due 60 days prior to the rental date. If the full payment is not received by this time, the Department of Parks and Recreation will consider the reservation canceled and will rent the facility to another individual, business, or organization, if requested. Reservations made less than 60 days in advance of use will be required to pay the full amount at the time the reservation is made.
- Cancellations must be made at least ten business days prior to the rental date. If a cancellation is made more than ten business days prior to the rental date, a full refund will be given, with the exception of a $10 holding fee. Cancellations made less than ten business days prior to the rental date will receive a refund of the deposit, as well as half of the rental fee.
- All facilities require a $50 deposit, in addition to rental charges, payable by cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover. Provided the key is returned (if applicable), the facility is cleaned properly, and there is no damage, the deposit, if paid by cash or check will be refunded by mail in approximately two to three weeks. If paid by credit/debit card, the refund will be credited back to the card the following Monday.
- Sale of food, beverages, or other items, usage requested after 11:00 p.m., charging admission, playing amplified music, and the use of moveable (inflatable) play structures require the completion of a Special Use Permit Application and advance approval by the Director of the Parks and Recreation Department prior to a reservation being made, but not less than ten working days in advance of the planned reservation. Additional permits/licenses may be required by the City of Jefferson upon the completion of the Special Use Permit.
- Smoking/candles/fires are not allowed at any indoor facility (i.e. McClung Indoor, Shikles, and the Washington Park Center).
- All rental time outside park public access hours of 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. carries an additional charge of $25/hour above and beyond the rates charged during public hours, as well as approval from the Director of the Parks and Recreation Department.
- All rentals will be negotiated by City of Jefferson Parks, Recreation and Forestry to determine extent of personnel required to safeguard interest of all parties involved. Renter will be financially responsible for supplementary staffing costs.
City of Jefferson Parks, Recreation and Forestry reserves the right to refuse or cancel any rental request should the event present a conflict with the mission of Parks and Recreation.
- City of Jefferson Parks, Recreation and Forestry reserves the right to revoke a rental request if it is determined the rental has potential to be detrimental to the well-being of the facility, staff, or community.
- The City reserves the right to require the requestor to provide liability insurance in an amount not less than $3 million dollars for the durance of the rental with the City of Jefferson named as an additional insured.
Reservation Guidelines and Procedures
- Set-Up/Clean-Up: Your rental time must include time for set-up and clean-up. Please be considerate of other scheduled groups before and after your rental. Rental schedules are set to allow park crews adequate time to inspect the facility between reservations. Exceeding reservation hours will result in extra charges. Please leave the facility in the same or better condition as you found it. The damage/clean-up/key deposit will not be refunded if the facility is damaged or not cleaned properly. Place all trash and litter in trash cans provided, as well as return all tables and chairs back to their original locations.
- Restroom Usage: Restrooms located in the pavilions are for use by all park patrons whether or not they are renting the pavilions.
- Key Pick-Up/Return: If the rental requires a key, (i.e. McClung Indoor Pavilion, Washington Park Center, Shikles, or kitchen access at Ellis-Porter Riverside, Memorial, and North Jefferson City) it can be picked up one business day prior to the date of the rental and must be returned one business day after the rental. A drop box located in the third lane of the drive-thru labeled Parks and Recreation is available for use 24 hours a day at the Parks and Recreation office. The $50 refundable damage/clean-up/key deposit will not be processed until the key is returned. Failure to pick up the key prior to the reservation will result in a $25 charge in order to bring it to the facility.
- Fire Regulations: Fires are restricted to outdoor barbecue ovens and grills. The use of fireworks or pyrotechnics inside any park facility or in any park location is strictly prohibited.
- Alcohol Regulations: Alcoholic beverages are permitted in the parks except where specifically prohibited. Groups desiring to sell alcoholic beverages must acquire local and state liquor licenses as required by law.
Rentals outside the parameters of basic use may need to complete a Special Use Permit Application.
If you have a question or need assistance regarding facility maintenance, please contact (573) 634-6482 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or (573) 680-7069 weekends and holidays.
Please contact the Jefferson City Police Department at (573) 634-6400 for all other emergencies/issues not pertaining to maintenance of the facility.