BACKGROUND / PERSONAL
Laura is a life-long resident of Mid-Missouri and moved to Jefferson City in 1999. She and her husband, Michael, have two children. Their son, Patrick is a graduate of Helias Catholic High (HCH) and attends the University of Missouri, and daughter, Ella, is a sophomore at HCH. They have restored two historic properties in Ward 2 and enjoy living in the downtown area.
- MEd in Educational Technology, 9 hours, University of Missouri
- BA in English / Related Field: Personnel Management, University of Missouri, May 1992
- Professional Experience
- Laura has been employed at the University of Missouri since 1994. She works in the medical compliance field for MU’s School of Medicine where she is responsible for the development, coordination, and promotion of effective compliance seminars and training events in order to increase compliance awareness and minimize compliance risks.
- St. Peter Catholic Church Parishioner, 1999 – present
- Historic City of Jefferson:
- Member, 2000 – present
- Web Master, 2013 – present
- Golden Hammer Award Committee, Chair, 2014 – present
- Golden Hammer Award Recipient, May 2013
- Board Member, 2000 – 2010 (Served as Secretary and VP)
- Foundation Board of Trustees, 2009
- Old Munichburg Association Member, 2012 – present
- University of Missouri Alumni Association Member, 2013 – present
- National Trust for Historic Preservation Member, 2012 – present
- City of Jefferson Landmark Award Recipient, 2013
- St. Peter School Recycling Program Chair, 2005 – 2013:
- Over 3.3 tons of cans kept out of landfills.
- Collected over $3,700.00 for school.
- St. Peter School Board Member, 2007 – 2012 (Served as Secretary, VP, and President)
- School Principal Search Committee Member, 2012
- Lower Jefferson Conservation District Founder and Charter Member, 2001 – 2011
- Jefferson City Historic Preservation Commission Member, 2001 – 2007
- Epsilon Sigma Phi Outstanding Support and Dedication to the Board, 2000
- MU Staff Advisory Council Election Committee; Staff at Large, 1996
- Missouri Governor's Student Leadership Forum on Faith and Values - member of planning committee