Aquatics Facility Policies and Procedures
General Rules for Memorial Park Family Aquatic Center and Ellis-Porter Riverside Pool
- Pools are open daily except during threatening weather (thunderstorms and lightning) or when the projected high air temperature is 74 degrees or cooler.
- Profane language is not allowed in the pools. If you choose to use this type of language you will be asked to exit the facility for the day without a refund.
- All patrons must pay to enter the pool whether you’re swimming or just observing.
- Any individual wearing street clothes will not be allowed admission into the facility, unless you’re a parent or guardian of a child 8 years or younger.
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn. This includes male swim trunks, female one and two piece suits and tankini’s. Suits should not be see through. No thongs, long pants, jean shorts or shorts with belt loops or rivets and anything else deemed not appropriate by the management staff.
- Certified lifeguards are on duty at all times for your safety.
- Children 8 years and under MUST be accompanied and supervised by a person 15 years of age or older.
- Outside food, drink, coolers or glass container are not allowed into the pools. Both pools have concession stands to meet your needs.
- Pool patrons are not allowed to leave the pools. Exceptions will be made for adults with managers approval.
- Parks and Recreation reserves the right to check baggage if deemed necessary.
Persons must be able to swim to use any waterslides.
- During periods of low attendance, various attractions and/or pools within the complex may close.
- During periods of extreme heat or high temperatures, staff will take 10 minute safety breaks throughout the day to clear the pool.
- Parks and Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Coin operated lockers are available at each facility.
- Paging of patrons is NOT permitted. It is the responsibility of pool patrons to make communicative arrangements prior to entering.
- Smoking/vaping of any kind is not permitted anywhere in the pool complex or parking lot.
- Any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted into the facility.
- US Coast Guard approved floatation devices only. Lifejackets available for use at front desk.
- Water wings and small inner tubes are permitted if parent/guardian is within arms reach of the child. Rafts and large inner tubes are NOT PERMITTED.
- Noodles are allowed into the facility.
- Close fitting swim diapers are required for all children who are not potty trained. Swim diapers are available at the admission gate for a nominal fee.
- Diaper changing stations are available in the restrooms. Please use these when changing your child’s diapers.
- Children 1 year and under are free during public hours.
- If you, your child or anyone in your family has had diarrhea in the past two weeks, please do not use the pool.
- It is the responsibility of the patrons when entering the facility to read and obey all posted signs for safety.
Inclement Weather Policy
When inclement weather occurs, aquatic staff will remain at the pools and attempt to re-open the pools as soon as possible. If patrons remain at the pool, and we are unable to re-open after 45 minutes, a pass will be issued for one free future admission with proof of receipt. This policy is in effect until one hour prior to official closing. For pool closing information, call the Parks and Recreation Hotline, (573) 634-6485 and press #5.
Termination of Participation
Any park user, program participant, or spectator who strikes, attempts to strike, verbally threatens to strike, or attempts to intimidate a Parks and Recreation employee or cause such employee or another park patron to be apprehensive about his/her personal safety; or who persists in the use of vulgar and inappropriate language in addressing a Parks and Recreation employee or at a Parks and Recreation program or facility; or who fails to heed the request of an on-site Parks and Recreation supervisor to vacate park property is subject to prosecution for violation of the City of Jefferson trespassing ordinance and suspension from attendance at Parks and Recreation programs or facilities for a period to be determined by the Director of Parks and Recreation.
The Parks and Recreation Commission has adopted the following refund policy regarding programs and facilities:
- If a cancellation is made prior to the registration deadline, a refund will be given, less a $5 processing fee.
- If a cancellation is made after the registration deadline , a refund will be given for 1/2 of the fee paid. No refund will be given if a cancellation is made after 9:00 a.m. two business days prior to program start date.
- Fees paid for team registrations are not refundable once a team registration has been accepted and recorded.
- Full refunds are made if a program is canceled by Parks and Recreation.
- Fees paid for admission to park facilities are not refundable.
- The $10 facility holding fee required to reserve park facilities/shelters is not refundable under any circumstance except as in #5 below.
- If a cancellation occurs ten or more business days prior to the scheduled reservation, the facility/hayride rental fee and deposit is refundable, less a $10 processing fee.
- If a cancellation occurs less than ten business days prior to the reservation, 1/2 of the rental fee and the entire damage deposit will be refunded.
- Full refunds are made if a rental is canceled by Parks and Recreation.
In an effort to keep our pool free of fecal matter, toddlers are required to wear swim diapers or plastic pants. Swim diapers are the safest barrier between your toddler and the water. These guidelines have been adopted for the health and safety of all who swim at our facilities. If your child has been sick with diarrhea please keep them at home until they are well. You may purchase swim diapers at either pool for $1.75 or bring your own.
Our lifeguards are highly trained and skilled. Their job is to assist in making our facilities a safe and enjoyable place to bring the family. However, they are not baby-sitters. Parents are expected to watch their children and to assist in enforcing the policies for the safety and enjoyment of all patrons. All children 8 YEARS OF AGE AND YOUNGER must be accompanied and supervised by a person 15 years of age or older. Our business is keeping your kids safe!