Washington Park Ice Arena Policies and Procedures
Termination of Participation
Any park user, program participant, or spectator who strikes, attempts to strike, verbally threatens to strike, or attempts to intimidate a Parks and Recreation employee or cause such employee or another park patron to be apprehensive about his/her personal safety; or who persists in the use of vulgar and inappropriate language in addressing a Parks and Recreation employee or at a Parks and Recreation program or facility; or who fails to heed the request of an on-site Parks and Recreation supervisor to vacate park property is subject to prosecution for violation of the City of Jefferson trespassing ordinance and suspension from attendance at Parks and Recreation programs or facilities for a period to be determined by the Director of Parks and Recreation.
- All rental equipment must be used appropriately or use privileges may be revoked
- Skates must be worn on the ice at all times
- Skates are prohibited on bleachers, concrete and metal stairs
- Do not carry children on the ice
- Food or drinks not permitted on the ice
- Please enter and exit the ice slowly and do not block the entrance
- Fast and reckless skating is not permitted
- Parks and Recreation is not responsible for injuries or accidents Parks and Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items
- Please return rental skates and ice walkers to the skate shop counter when you are finished with them
If you need further information, have concerns, or need assistance please
ask for the manager on duty.
- Outside food or drink are not permitted
- Alcohol or tobacco products are not permitted
- Loitering or soliciting are not permitted
- No vulgar or inappropriate language, fighting or violent behavior
- Parks and Recreation is not responsible for injuries or accidents
- Parks and Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items
If you need further information, have concerns, or need assistance please ask for the manager on duty.
The game will be stopped by on-ice officials when the parents/spectators displaying inappropriate and disruptive behavior interfere with other spectators or participants of the game. The on-ice officials will identify violators to the coaches for the purpose of removing parents/spectators from the viewing and game area. Once removed, play will resume. Lost time will not be replaced and violators may be subject to further disciplinary action by the local governing body. This inappropriate and disruptive behavior shall include:
* Using obscene or vulgar language in a boisterous manner to anyone at any time. * Taunting players, coaches, officials or other spectators by means of baiting, ridiculing, threatening physical violence, or physical violence. * Throwing any object in the spectators' viewing area, players' bench, penalty box or on-ice surface, that in any manner creates a safety hazard.
Any violators will be escorted from the facility and not allowed to return until the next day. Please support all players, coaches and officials.