With 644 acres, Binder Park is the city's largest park. When combined with the adjacent 66-acre Joseph C. Miller Park, a beautiful and largely natural park emerges and provides for a wide variety of activities.
Binder Park is named after Fred C., Fred H., and Frederick Binder. Fred C. Binder established a trust fund in 1918 to build a park as a memorial to his father, himself, and his son. Property was purchased from 11 owners in 1965 and 1966 and the Department of Conservation began construction of a 155 acre fishing lake. In addition to the beautiful lake, the Department of Conservation built and maintains a handicap accessible fishing pier and a boat ramp at Binder Park.
Binder Park contains the lighted softball fields Wisch, Williams, and Kremer. Numerous picnic sites exist throughout the park as well as many walking and biking trails. A playground and a covered deck/picnic shelter overlook scenic Binder Lake. The deck rents as a shelter and can accommodate gatherings of up to 75 people. Binder Park had an 18-site full hook-up RV campground with laundry and shower-house available for camping. An 18 hole disc golf course is located in the northwest corner of the park.
The sand volleyball courts, Scott and Byrd Softball Fields, the radio control flying field, and a disc golf course are located in Joseph C. Miller Park which is adjacent to the south-east corner of Binder Park.