Park Address: 300 Ellis-Porter Drive
GPS/Emergency Address: 210 North Grant Street
Riverside Park was acquired in 1949 and was renamed in 1961 in m
emory of Arthur W. Ellis, a former Mayor, and Ben C. Porter, a former director of Parks and Recreation.
This 60-acre park holds a swimming pool, amphitheater, playground, basketball court, and four triple-walled handball/racquetball courts. Also found here is the Optimist Sports Complex where youth basebal
l and softball games are held as well as youth flag football games.
The outdoor pavilion at Ellis-Porter Riverside Park adjacent to the Missouri River overlook has a capacity of 280 people with two large barbecue grills, restrooms and a serving kitchen. In addition, there are 13 covered picnic units placed throughout the park for family or small group gatherings. There is parking for 150 vehicles in the northern portion of the park.