We require a parent, guardian, or other designated individual to personally check each camper into and out of our day camp with a staff member each day. Please do not drop off your child in the morning or have your child meet you outside the camp or pool. We will not allow your child to leave without someone coming in to get him or her.
Please know that our camps are drug, alcohol and tobacco free zones. City policy prohibits us from holding or dispensing any prescription or over-the-counter medication either internally or externally. Our first aid policy only allows us to insure breathing, control bleeding and swelling. We cannot administer any medicine, either internal or external, under any circumstances. This includes salves, topical ointments, sting-ease, pain reliever, anti-ivy. We are permitted to assist your child in applying sun screen or insect repellant that he or she brings. In the unlikely event that your child is injured, we will contact you immediately with the details and asking for your guidance on further care, if needed. What to wear/bring:
- Have your child eat a nutritious and filling breakfast. We plan on lots of hard play!
- Campers should wear play clothes and tennis shoes and bring a swim suit.
- Campers should bring their own lunch every day. We suggest that lunches be brought in coolers since we are unable to provide refrigeration. We recommend that sodas not be brought to camp and sodas will not be available for sale. Frozen juice and Kool-aid that come in cardboard cartons are an excellent drink for lunches. Please do not bring glass containers of any kind to camp.
- Campers should bring and wear sunscreen.
- Lunches, jackets, sunscreen, etc. should be marked with campers name.
- No radios or music players will be allowed at camp.
- To maintain our proper counselor/camper ratio, campers should not bring a friend to camp who is not enrolled in our program.
- Since we can not be held responsible for lost valuables, we suggest that campers should not bring phones, any jewelry, watches, pocket knives or other valuables to camp.
If you have any problems of questions please feel free to call us at 634-6482.
Binder Adventure Camp is offered for seven, one-week sessions. CAMPERS MAY ATTEND A MAXIMUM OF TWO, ONE WEEK SESSIONS. Sessions are limited to the first 40 children. Please register by the Monday prior to the week of camp. Bus schedules are available at the Parks & Recreation office.
Registration Deadline: one week prior to the start of each session or until camp fills
Registration Fee: $90
Late Fee: $100
|June 5 - 19, 2017|
|June 12 - 16, 2017|
|June 19 - 23, 2017|
|June 26 - 30, 2017|
|July 10 - 14, 2017|
|July 17 - 21, 2017|
|July 24 - 28, 2017|
After Camp Swim Program
For an additional $20 ($25 late fee), campers can sign up for our After Camp Swim Program at Memorial Pool, weather permitting. If the pool is closed, campers are bussed to the Washington Park Ice Arena to skate instead. Campers are accompanied by a counselor and must be picked up by 5 p.m.
|June 5 - 9, 2017||603373-01|
|June 12 - 16, 2017||603373-02|
|June 19 - 23, 2017||603373-03|
|June 26 - 30, 2017||603373-04|
|July 10 - 14, 2017||603373-06|
|July 17 - 21, 2017||603373-07|
|July 24 - 28, 2017||603373-08|
BINDER ADVENTURE CAMP BUS SCHEDULE
|1. Washington Park Ice Arena Parking Lot||8:00 a.m.||3:30 p.m.||4:00 p.m.|
|2. Schulte's IGA||8:05 a.m.||3:55 p.m.|
|3. Gerbes East Superstore||8:18 a.m.||3:43 p.m.|
|4. Central Motor Bank||8:35 a.m.||3:25 p.m.|
|5. Memorial Park||8:45 a.m.||3:15 p.m.||3:15 p.m.|
|6. Capital Mall south of Sears Automotive||8:55 a.m.||3:05 p.m.|
|7. Day Camp & Binder Lake||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.|
Times are approximate and can change due to traffic. Please be sure to arrive five minutes prior to the scheduled pick up time in the morning.
** When the After Camp Swim is on, we will reduce the route to two stops: Memorial Pool and Washington Park. You can choose to have your non-swimming child dropped off at either the Memorial Pool or the Washington Park stop. If you wish to have your child supervised until 4:00 p.m. until you pick him or her up, you may have your child use the Memorial Pool stop. We will supervise him or her at the pool until you arrive. You will need to come into the Pool to check out your child.
*** If After Camp Swim is canceled, we will bus children to the Washington Park Ice Arean instea.