PLEASE NOTE: We have a new program manager over our Day Camps and we are making some new and exciting changes. Please check back periodically as all final changes will be posted by February 16. All changes will be highlighted.
PROGRAM GUIDE PAGES FOR ALL DAY CAMPS (Updated)
Camp meets from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at Memorial Park. Activities include arts and crafts, games and physical activities, cookouts, hikes, nature study, field trips, and much more. We provide camp staff to supervise your child from as early as 7:30 a.m. and as late as 5:30 p.m. Pick up will be at Memorial Park Family Aquatic Center. We take campers on a field trip once per week.
We require a parent, guardian, or other designated individual to personally check each camper into and out of our day camp with a staff member each day. Please do not drop off your child in the morning or have your child meet you outside the camp or pool. We will not allow your child to leave without someone coming in to get him or her.
Please know that our camps are drug, alcohol and tobacco free zones. City policy prohibits us from holding or dispensing any prescription or over-the-counter medication either internally or externally. Our first aid policy only allows us to insure breathing, control bleeding and swelling. We cannot administer any medicine, either internal or external, under any circumstances. This includes salves, topical ointments, sting-ease, pain reliever, anti-ivy. We are permitted to assist your child in applying sun screen or insect repellant that he or she brings. In the unlikely event that your child is injured, we will contact you immediately with the details and asking for your guidance on further care, if needed.
What to wear/bring:
- Have your child eat a nutritious and filling breakfast. We plan on lots of hard play!
- Campers should wear play clothes and tennis shoes and bring a swim suit.
- Campers should bring their own lunch every day. We suggest that lunches be brought in coolers since we are unable to provide refrigeration. We recommend that sodas not be brought to camp and sodas will not be available for sale. Frozen juice and Kool-aid that come in cardboard cartons are an excellent drink for lunches. Please do not bring glass containers of any kind to camp.
- Campers should bring and wear sunscreen.
- Lunches, jackets, sunscreen, etc. should be marked with campers name.
- No radios or music players will be allowed at camp.
- To maintain our proper counselor/camper ratio, campers should not bring a friend to camp who is not enrolled in our program.
- Since we can not be held responsible for lost valuables, we suggest that campers should not bring phones, any jewelry, watches, pocket knives or other valuables to camp.
The registration fee includes a camp t-shirt, field trips, arts and crafts supplies. Parents are responsible for transportation to and from Memorial Park. Please provide your child's lunch/drink in a small cooler, as refrigeration is not available. CAMPERS MAY ATTEND A MAXIMUM OF FOUR, ONE-WEEK SESSIONS - If you do sign up for more than two weeks of this camp, we recommened that you spread the weeks out throughout the summer.
|Dates||Storybook Theme||Grade Fall '18||Fee||Late||Registration|
|May 29-Jun 1||"I am an Apple"||K-3||$105||$115||Feb 21-May 22|
|Jun 4-8||"Pete the Cat - I Love My White Shoes"||K-3||$105||$115||Feb 21-May 29|
|Jun 11-15||"Otter Goes to School"||K-3||$105||$115
||Feb 21-Jun 4|
|Jun 18-22*||"Why Do Animals Hibernate?"||K-3||$105||$115||Feb 21-Jun 11|
|Jun 25-29*||"Flat Stanley & The Haunted House"||K-3||$105||$115||Feb 21-Jun 18|
|Jul 2-6||no camp
|Jul 9-13**||"Hotel Bruce"||1-3||$105||$115||Feb 21-Jul 2|
|Jul 16-20**||"What Does it Mean to Be Kind?"||1-3||$105||$115||Feb 21-Jul 9|
|Jul 23-27***||"The Case of the Sneaky Strangers"||1-3||$105||$115||Feb 21-Jul 16|
|Jul 30-Aug 3***||"Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures"||1-3||$105||$115||Feb 21-Jul 23|
Camp and Swimming Lessons in One
If you would like your child to take swimming lessons and attend camp, now you can. All you need to do is register for the coordinating weeks for Wokka Wokka and morning swimming lessons at Memorial Park Family Aquatic Center.
** = Session II swimming lessons (9 am) 605372-06 & 605372-07 = TBA-(level)A
***=Session III swimming lessons (9 am) 605372-08 & 605372-09 = TBA-(level)A