Sign Up for the Youth Day Camps E-Newsletter!
Camp meets from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at Memorial Park. Activities include arts and crafts, games and physical activities, cookout, hikes, nature study, field trips, and much more. We provide camp staff to supervise your child from as early as 7:30 a.m. and as late as 5:30 p.m. Pick up will be at Memorial Park Family Aquatic Center. Campers have the option for early drop-off at The Linc, 1299 Lafayette Street, between 7:15-8:00 am. We take campers on a field trip once per week.
Location: Memorial Park Pavilion
CAMPERS MAY ATTEND A MAXIMUM OF FOUR, ONE-WEEK SESSIONS - If you do sign up for more than two weeks of this camp, we recommened that you spread the weeks out throughout the summer.
Everyone must pay the $10 camp pre-registration fee before they can register for any day camp. This pre-registration will begin February 1. This is a one-time fee that covers the camper's t-shirt and CampDoc medical form.
CampDoc camper medical information must be submitted online before you can register for any day camp. A link will be emailed within a week after you have paid the $10 camper pre-registration fee.
Deferred payment plan for day camps! Just pay a $25 deposit per week per camp at the time of registration and pay the balance in full for all camps by Friday, May 17. Those using the deferred payment plan must register in person.
All campers will receive a book each week from Scholastic!
|Activity #||Dates||Grade Fall '19||Fee||Late||Registration|
|605372-02||Jun 3-7||K-3||$110||$120||Mar 12-May 28|
|605372-03||Jun 10-14||K-3||$110||$120||Mar 12-Jun 3|
|605372-04||Jun 17-21*||K-3||$110||$120||Mar 12-Jun 10|
|605372-05||Jun 24-28*||K-3||$110||$120||Mar 12-Jun 17|
|Jul 1-5||no camp|
|605372-06||Jul 8-12**||K-3||$110||$120||Mar 12-Jul 1|
|605372-07||Jul 15-19**||K-3||$110||$120||Mar 12-Jul 8|
|605372-08||Jul 22-26||K-3||$110||$120||Mar 12-Jul 15|
|605372-09||July 29 - Aug 2||K-3||$110||$120||Mar 12-Jul 22|
*Campers will go to Memorial Park Family Aquatic Center or the Washington Park Ice Arena to swim/ice skate each day. Campers will need to be picked up by 5:30 p.m. If the pool is closed, campers will remain at the pavilion and counselors will provide alternative activities.
We require a parent, guardian, or other designated individual to personally check each camper into and out of our day camp with a staff member each day. Please do not drop off your child in the morning or have your child meet you outside the camp or pool. We will not allow your child to leave without someone coming in to get him or her.
Please know that our camps are drug, alcohol and tobacco free zones. City policy prohibits us from holding or dispensing any prescription or over-the-counter medication either internally or externally. Our first aid policy only allows us to insure breathing, control bleeding and swelling. We cannot administer any medicine, either internal or external, under any circumstances. This includes salves, topical ointments, sting-ease, pain reliever, anti-ivy. We are permitted to assist your child in applying sun screen or insect repellant that he or she brings. In the unlikely event that your child is injured, we will contact you immediately with the details and asking for your guidance on further care, if needed.
What to wear/bring:
- Have your child eat a nutritious and filling breakfast. We plan on lots of hard play!
- Campers should wear play clothes and tennis shoes and bring a swim suit.
- Campers should bring their own lunch every day. We suggest that lunches be brought in coolers since we are unable to provide refrigeration. We recommend that sodas not be brought to camp and sodas will not be available for sale. Frozen juice and Kool-aid that come in cardboard cartons are an excellent drink for lunches. Please do not bring glass containers of any kind to camp.
- Campers should bring and wear sunscreen.
- Lunches, jackets, sunscreen, etc. should be marked with campers name.
- No radios or music players will be allowed at camp.
- To maintain our proper counselor/camper ratio, campers should not bring a friend to camp who is not enrolled in our program.
- Since we can not be held responsible for lost valuables, we suggest that campers should not bring phones, any jewelry, watches, pocket knives or other valuables to camp.
The registration fee includes a field trip and arts and crafts supplies. Parents are responsible for transportation to and from Memorial Park. Please provide your child's lunch/drink in a small cooler, as refrigeration is not available.
Camp and Swimming Lessons in One
If you would like your child to take swimming lessons and attend camp, now you can. All you need to do is register for the coordinating weeks for Wokka Wokka and morning swimming lessons at Memorial Park Family Aquatic Center.
** = Session II swimming lessons (9 am) 605372-06 & 605372-07 = TBA-(level)A