2020 is appropriate because it is a year when a longtime vision for our community will become action: Council will select a developer for redevelopment of the historic Missouri State Penitentiary site. And we’ll get BACK into prison for the annual “Concert Inside the Walls” in June.
Capitol Avenue revitalization continues, including Ivy Terrace. This area faces blight, but that can turn into bright! See the full list of properties at JCHAMO.org. This year we finalize plans and fundraising for the Bicentennial Bridge from the Capitol to our riverfront. See the full concept at BicentennialBridge.org.
There’s excitement about bringing new events to Jefferson City, including Pedaler’s Jamboree bicycling event on May 23 which includes the opportunity for camping at MSP along with music.
Plus this is the year to #BeCOUNTED in the Census! Remember, #EveryoneCounts! Census.MO.gov
New Year’s Mayoral Advice: Shop local. Local businesses, big and small, are the backbone of our community. They provide jobs for many, and there are many opportunities to find fun and unique products and services. Eat at our local restaurants and shops, enjoy what Jefferson City has for your house before you click on the mouse. We know the importance of every dollar that goes back into our community.
Mayor’s personal goals in the New Year: Do more yoga! Drink more water, get more sleep. Oh, and get more Selfies! And count my blessings as a very lucky mayor with a wonderful team at the City of Jefferson!
Mayor Tergin's Background, Experience, and Community Involvement
- St. Luke Orthodox Church Member
- St. Luke Philoptochos Ladies Organization
- Missouri State University Board of Governors
- 4th Ward City Councilwoman 2008-2014
- Downtown Jefferson City President, 2004-2006
- Downtown Jefferson City Board, 2000-2008
- Recycling Committee Chairperson
- Chamber of Commerce Board, 2006-2008
- Jefferson City Convention & Visitor’s Bureau Board, 2007-2008
- UMB Bank Advisory Board
- Show Me Yoga Foundation Board, 2008-2010
- Breakfast Rotary
- Historic City of Jefferson
- Cole County Partners for Clean Air
- Alpha Chi Omega Mid-Missouri Alumnae Club Treasurer
- Alpha Chi Omega Class Agent, Zeta Sigma Chapter
- Honorary Member, International Society for Key Women Educators, Delta Kappa Gamma Society International
- 2004 “40 Under 40” Honoree
- 2007 Jaycees Distinguished Service Award
- 2016 Lincoln University Trailblazer Public Service Award
- 2016 Outstanding Leadership in Tobacco Control Award