Mike Lester - Council Member Second Ward
We as a community must identify the important issues needing to be addressed, work together to develop solutions and take action to address those issues. The citizens of the Second Ward have expressed their trust in me to represent and advocate for their interests and welfare. I will do my best to honor that trust.
BACKGROUND / PERSONAL
My wife, Jane, and I moved to Jefferson City in 2002. We chose Jefferson City to be our home – the place in which to retire. Our daughter lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma. One of our sons lives in St. Louis and the other in Jefferson City. We are overjoyed to have a granddaughter, a grandson and a great granddaughter also living in Jefferson City.
- Ph.D. Child & Developmental Psychology, University of Connecticut, 1984
- B.A. Psychology, University of North Carolina, 1970
- Research Coordinator, Neurometrics Research Laboratory, University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES), 1979-1985
- Clinical & Research Electrophysiologist, Childrens Medical Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1986-1990
- Director of Research, Long-Term Care Authority of Tulsa (LTCA), Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1990-2007*
- Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Supports Manager, Aging Services Division, Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS), 2007-2013*
*From 2002 until my retirement in 2013 I worked remotely from my home in Jefferson City, first for LTCA and then for OKDHS.
- Jefferson City Planning and Zoning Committee, Past Commissioner
- Jefferson City Environmental Quality Commission, Past Commissioner
- Capital City Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children (CASA), Past Volunteer
- Old Munichburg Association, Member
- Citizen Climate Lobby Jefferson City, Member
- Hickory/Adams Streets Neighborhood Watch, Member
- Hickory/Adams Neighborhood Improvement, Leader
- Jefferson City Hands Together, Board Member
- Old Munichburg/Southside Community Development Corporation, Board Member