Park Address: 111 Memorial Park Road
Originally named Binder Park (which is still the name of the street on the west side of the park), Memorial Park was renamed in 1946 to honor those who had served in World War II. Memorial Park is best known for its extremely tall, thick tree canopy and the numerous squirrels that play feverishly in the park. Memorial Park Family Aquatic Center is also an extremely popular place to cool off in the summer.
The park features a scenic, shaded 1.1 mile trail, an asphalt basketball court, two playgrounds and a composting exhibit provided by the River Bluffs Audubon Society.
Additionally, located at Memorial Park is one of this city's most popular pavilions. The pavilion has a capacity of 450 with two large barbecue grills, a spacious kitchen facility for food preparation or serving, and parking for 225 vehicles. There are also 17 covered picnic tables scattered throughout the park for family or small group outings.