Camp Green Berry is a unique nature education program that meets at the Green Berry Acres. In addition to fun games and activities, youth attending will be able to learn about the natural environment and our place within that. Conservation and nature ethics will be taught as well as natural crafts and nature activities.
Location: Green Berry Acres Park
Camp hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. We provide camp staff to supervise your child from as early as 7:15 a.m. and as late as 5:30 p.m. We take campers on a field trip once each week. Field trips are canceled until further notice due to COVID-!9 guidelines but we are bringing presenters and virtual field trips to camp.
CAMPERS MAY ATTEND A MAXIMUM OF FOUR, ONE-WEEK SESSIONS - If you do sign up for more than one week of this camp, we recommened that you spread the weeks out throughout the summer.
Everyone must pay the $15 camp pre-registration fee before they can register for any day camp. This pre-registration is open. This is a one-time fee that covers the camper's t-shirt and ePact medical form.
ePact camper medical information must be submitted online before your child(ren can attend any day camp. A link will be emailed within a few days after you have registered for camp.
Deferred payment plan for day camps! Just pay a $25 deposit per week per camp at the time of registration and pay the balance for all June camps by Wednesday, May 13; all July camps by June 15 and all August camps by July 15. Those using the deferred payment plan must register in person.
|605375-2A||June 1-5||1-5||$115||$125||Mar 10-May 18|
|605375-3A||June 8-12||1-5||$115||$125||Mar 10-May 25|
|605375-4A||June 15-19||1-5||$115||$125||Mar 10-Jun 1|
|605375-5A||June 22-26||1-5||$115||$125||Mar 10-Jun 8|
|June 29-July 3||no camp|
|605375-6A||July 6-10||1-5||$115||$125||Mar 10-June 22|
|605375-7A||July 13-17||1-5||$115||$125||Mar 10-June 29|
|605375-8A||July 20-24||1-5||$115||$125||Mar 10-Jul 6|
|605375-9A||July 27-31||1-5||$115||$125||Mar 10-Jul 13|
|605375-10A||Aug 3-7||1-5||$115||$125||Mar 10-Jul 20|
Request Financial Assistance
*Campers will walk down to the river to swim each day. Campers will need to be picked up by 5:30 p.m. at Green Berry Acres. If the river is low and we cannot swim, campers will participate in other activites or be bused to Ellis-Porter Riverside Pool - parents will be udpated daily on any change in itinerary.
|Shout out to the Missouri Department of Conservation
and their Runge Naturalists for partnering
with us for Camp Green Berry.
Please know that our camps are drug, alcohol and tobacco free zones. City policy prohibits us from holding or dispensing any prescription or over-the-counter medication either internally or externally. Our first aid policy only allows us to insure breathing, control bleeding and swelling. We cannot administer any medicine, either internal or external, under any circumstances. This includes salves, topical ointments, sting-ease, pain reliever, anti-ivy. We are permitted to assist your child in applying sun screen or insect repellant that he or she brings. In the unlikely event that your child is injured, we will contact you immediately with the details and asking for your guidance on further care, if needed.
We require a parent, guardian, or other designated individual to personally check each camper into and out of our day camp with a staff member each day. Please do not drop off your child in the morning or have your child meet you outside the camp. We will not allow your child to leave without someone coming in to get him or her.
What to wear/bring:
- Have your child eat a nutritious and filling breakfast. We plan on lots of hard play!
- Campers should wear play clothes and tennis shoes and bring a swim suit. We go to the river every day for swim time so please send a fitted life jacket and any other river toys you would like to send. Please label all personal items.
- Campers should bring their own lunch every day. We suggest that lunches be brought in coolers since we are unable to provide refrigeration. We recommend that sodas not be brought to camp and sodas will not be available for sale. Frozen juice and Kool-aid that come in cardboard cartons are an excellent drink for lunches. Please do not bring glass containers of any kind to camp.
- Campers should bring and wear sunscreen and bug spray.
- Lunches, jackets, sunscreen, etc. should be marked with campers name.
- No radios or music players will be allowed at camp.
- To maintain our proper counselor/camper ratio, campers should not bring a friend to camp who is not enrolled in our program.
- Since we can not be held responsible for lost valuables, we suggest that campers should not bring phones, any jewelry, watches, pocket knives or other valuables to camp.