Rick believes that Jefferson City is at a critical time in its history. In the past Jefferson City has benefited much from the planning and growth of State government. Now is a time for Jefferson City to plan its own course with less reliance on the Missouri General Assembly. Missouri's capital city needs to leverage local resources and provide the opportunity for economic development and structured growth.
BACKGROUND / PERSONAL
Rick Mihalevich is a life long mid-Missourian and a resident of Jefferson City since 1993. He is married to Connie and has two adult children, Aaron and Bryce. Rick follows Mizzou sports, and likes to golf, hunt, fish and has taken up hiking and biking. Rick also likes to tinker with, and drive, his Willys Jeeps.
- Ph.D. in Practical Arts and Vocational Technical Education
- Masters Degree in Agricultural Education
- Bachelors Degree in Agriculture from the University of Missouri.
- Taught at all levels of education in the areas of agriculture, educational technology, and vocational technical foundations
- Employed by the Missouri School Boards Association as a technology coordinator
- Experience in information technology having consulted and served as chief information officer
- Retired from State Technical College of Missouri as the Dean of Institutional Research and Planning
- Currently manages the family farm in Pulaski and Camden counties raising cattle and naturally produced beef
- Co-owner of Missouri Hunting and Outdoor Adventures
- Jefferson City Area Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Heartland Port Authority of Central Missouri, Chair
- Missouri State Penitentiary Community Partners Committee, Member
- Missouri River Regional Library Foundation, Past President
- Jefferson City Correctional Center Charrette, Team Member
- Leadership Jefferson City – 2006, Graduate
- Jefferson City Planning and Zoning, Past Commissioner
- Capitol Soccer Club, Past Coach
- Historic City of Jefferson, Member
- Santa Fe Chapter of the Military Vehicle Preservation Association, Officer
- Old Munichburg Association, Member
- St Joseph Cathedral Parish, Member