The Jefferson City Fire Department was born out of necessity with the burning of the Capitol on February 5, 1911. On October 7, 1912, the Jefferson City council passed ordinance 1089, which created a new paid fire department.
4 administrative staff personnel
Division Chief of Public Education
Division Chief of Training
72 fire suppression personnel
3 shifts on a 48/96 hour schedule- A, B & C Shift
5 Fire Stations
Reserve Apparatus Storage Facility
A frontline fleet of seven fire trucks, plus one command vehicle, are housed in five fire stations strategically located within the city limits is comprised of:
- three engines,
- two rescue pumpers and
- two ladder trucks.
- thermal imaging cameras,
- automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and
- multi-gas detectors.
The reserve trucks include:
- two engines,
- one rescue pumper and
- one ladder truck.
Incident Response Information