Animal Control is responsible for maintaining and operating the Jefferson City Animal Shelter, as well as aiding the public with animal disturbances and nuisances.
CLICK HERE for Shelter Information including our fee schedule
What We Do
- rescuing stray animals within the limits of Jefferson City.
- removing wildlife from living spaces in homes and work areas.
- investigating animal abuse calls.
- reporting bite incidents.
- taking necessary action when citizens do not comply with City animal ordinances.
- collecting dead animals, both from public roadways and euthanized at local veterinarian offices.
- investigating unclean yard complaints.
- investigating barking complaints.
- corralling loose livestock.
- collecting injured animals.
- assisting police with animals while they are serving warrants.
- investigating abandoned animal reports.
- informing the public of city and county ordinances.
Open Monday through Friday from 12 pm to 5:30 pm for adoptions & redemptions.
Closed Saturday & Sunday - Redemptions by appointment only
Jefferson City Animal Shelter
2308 Hyde Park Road Jefferson City, MO 65109
Phone: (573) 634-6429
Fax: (573) 659-8209
For after hours animal control emergencies please call (573) 634-6429.
Asilomar Live Release Rate
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Animals
For information about Animals and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) CLICK HERE.
The RedRover Relief Emergency Boarding grant program helps animals who need temporary boarding while their owners are ill due to the COVID-19 virus. This grant will cover the cost of up to two (2) weeks of boarding while a pet owner is hospitalized, or if the pet owner is recovering at home and unable to care for their pet. For more information on the RedRover Relief grant program CLICK HERE.