The Capital Area Pedestrian & Bicycle Plan has been approved and is Available To View!
On October 13, CAMPO held a final Open House for the Capital Area Pedestrian & Bicycle Plan. To see the posters from the event, please click here.
To contribute to the quality of life by for the Jefferson City Urbanized Area by achieving and supporting cooperative, comprehensive and continuing transportation planning as outlined in the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act.
What We Do - Please see our newly updated brochure
The Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO) is the designated metropolitan planning organization for the Jefferson City, Missouri Region.
CAMPO core functions include:
- Establish and manage a fair and impartial setting for effective regional decision making in the metropolitan area.
- Identify and evaluate alternative transportation improvement options.
- Prepare and maintain a Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP).
- Develop a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
- Involve the general public and other affected constituencies in the above activities.
Specifically, CAMPO is responsible for long range multimodal transportation planning including bicycle and pedestrian trails, routes, and greenways; public transit, and paratransit services; automobile and truck transportation, passenger and freight; trains, passenger and freight; and access and mobility.
For more information on the history and functions of CAMPO, please visit our FAQ web page. For more information on the transportation planning process, please refer to the FHWA's Transportation Planning Process publication.
CAMPO Technical Committee and the Board of Directors agenda, minutes, and packets are available for review. List of members for the Technical Committee and Board of Directors.